Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's May! Self-Defense & A Busy Month

Woooo, what a week it has been so far!! I have been going, going, going!!! Brad has been gearing up for finals this week and taking over my computer so that's why I've missed a couple of days. (Blogger has an app for iPhone but I don't really like typing full-on paragraphs on my phone.)

But HELLO MAY! It's my birthday month and I've got lots of exciting events coming up! It's the beginning of wedding and graduation season, plus a million other things I have planned, so here we go!
(My cupcake calendar at work...it helps makes my day a little sweeter)

It all started last weekend when my mom and I took a self-defense class. In the beginning I thought it was totally cheesy, but by the end of it on Saturday I was totally grateful that I had the opportunity to take it and learn how to protect myself. I highly recommend that if you can find a R.A.D. Systems class near you, TAKE IT! R.A.D. stands for Rape Aggression Defense. (click here to check out their website and find a class near you!) Hopefully I never have to use the things that I learned but I definitely feel more confident about myself being in that kind of situation. At the end of the class, one of the instructors put on the full "Aggressor Suit" and "attacked" us one at a time, granted we knew he was coming but it gave us a chance to test out our new skills.
This is a picture of my mom being "attacked", she got him real good! ;)
 
 In other exciting news, they've started on our driveway!! Came home from Zumba tonight to dirt/concrete/gravel being moved from our driveway and prepped for the weekend when they are hoping to start pouring. I'm hoping it doesn't rain too much tomorrow and Friday so that they don't have any delays, but I'm extremely grateful that we are able to do this so I am willing to be patient. I'll keep y'all updated as we see more progress!! Have I mentioned that I'm VERY EXCITED!

 
 
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I swear I'll share my genius recipe for an Italian dish with you tomorrow!! I know you will love it!
 
Until next time ~ Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment