Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Color Run & Concrete

Hello Hello!! Sooooo I've been M.I.A. for a few days...yeah, I haven't quite gotten the hang of this blog thing yet. But I'm still working on it, and of course new ideas for daily posts! No worries, I'll get there eventually :)

Saturday, I did my first Color Run with my mom and sister. It was so much fun!! It's a 5k that you run (or walk) and along the route, there are 4 "color stations". At each color station, volunteers squirt you with dyed cornstarch that sticks to you and at the end you come out looking like a rainbow threw up on you. Then at the end they have a "color party" every 15 minutes where you throw the contents of the color packet, that comes in your packet with a shirt, up in the air with the whole crowd of people all around dancing and singing and having a great time. We met up with my cousin's wife, Brittney, afterwards! Always so good to see her! (check out her awesome blog here, she's definitely a blogging pro) It was so great I can't wait until next year!

Basically you start out looking like this... (my baby sister and I)


And end up looking like this...(me, my mom, and sister)



I highly encourage anyone who is able to find one near you to do it. It really is true what they say about the Color Run, "It's the happiest 5k on the planet!"

Brittney, Candace (my sister), Anita (my mom), and Me!


In other news, looks like we will be doing our first big "house project" here in a couple weeks--concrete pouring! As it is right now, our driveway is gravel and we don't have a back patio. I can't wait to have somewhere to sit in the back and chill with friends! Plus, when you have wood floors and it rains, it is not fun having to sweep the floors every time someone comes in the house dragging in loose gravel and dirt. Aaaaannd we are widening the driveway at the end so two cars can sit side by side. This makes me very happy!! Fortunately for us...and for the sake of all things beautiful and perfect, also my sanity...we are NOT doing it ourselves :)  I'm looking forward to the landscaping we're going to do around the edges when it's done...I say that now but I may change my mind after the fact.

Sunday was a beautiful day! After church and a birthday party, I sat outside in my new lawn chair (a banana chair...??) and read for almost two hours. It was lovely! Then I tried to paint my nails outside....bad idea. The wind started to pick up and now my nails look all bubbly, yuck! So I'm about to go remove the bad polish job and choose another day to paint my nails, inside this time.

Tonight I made my mom's famous chicken enchiladas (with a few of my own tweaks here and there). Stay tuned for the recipe that I will post tomorrow. It's fairly simple and doesn't take long at all! For now, I'm going to enjoy some delicious Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and a little TV with my husband and puppy. Ok, he's not a puppy anymore but he'll always be MY puppy :)

Peace out ~ Jen

Cooper (Coo-man) says "Have a great evening!"



 

No comments:

Post a Comment