Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mississippi Mud Cake

Last Thursday when I was at work, I left my desk for no more than 2 minutes and when I came back a recipe card out of a Southern Living magazine for a delicious looking dessert was just laying there. I asked around to see if anyone had put it there and no one knew where it came from. I was already planning on shopping for some other baking items that evening so I just thought Alright recipe fairy, you win! and decided to make my coworkers a Happy Friday treat. Man, was I in for a treat. It was fairly easy to make and I had most of the ingredients at home! The only thing I did differently was used a different size pan. I don't have a "jelly roll" pan (15x10x1) nor could I find one at the store so I used an 16x11x1 pan that I already had. Everyone at work had nothing but wonderful things to say about it, well except for getting onto me for bringing such a thing when we're all trying to watch what we eat.

 Follow the recipe just as it says and you will have what I like to call a "dangerous dessert". Make sure to follow up with a 5 mile run and you'll never be able to tell you ate a piece, or two :)

Recipe for Mississippi Mud Cake

~ Jen

2 comments:

  1. So fun that you are blogging! :) That recipe looks sinfully delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm excited! And yes, it is very bad!

      Delete