Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

What To Expect

Well, here I am...blogging?! What?! I have been contemplating this for awhile because I've been into trying out home organizing tips, new recipes, and makeup tutorials that I find on Pinterest. It's definitely been a recent love of mine because I am newly married (almost 5 months, woo!) and we purchased our first home at the end of last year. I was seriously amazed at all the stuff we had accumulated, individually, over our short 23 years. I was fairly confident in my organized, clean-freak ways growing up so when I moved all my stuff from my parents' home I was shocked to find that it took up our entire living room and then some...it was a perfectionist's nightmare. I had to buckle down and just sit for hours going through box after box of things that I had collected. I am proud to say that we are pretty much settled into our house now and although there are a few boxes, we are on our way to total organization. My recent venture has been cleaning up and organizing the office. It became the room that collected the extra wedding gifts, unopened boxes, and lots of paper. I'm still working on it but it's definitely a lot better.

And then there is the whole cooking thing. Let me just say, I am NOT a cook. I could bake a thousand cakes, cookies, etc...all day long and love every minute of it, but when it comes to deciding what to make for dinner and figuring out how long to cook the meat, blah blah blah, it just blows my mind and stresses me out, not to mention that I really hate handling raw meat. My husband loves to cook and is excellent at it! Unfortunately he is still in school (finishing up his Bachelor's in December!) and is gone most nights of the week so that leaves me to do all the cooking....yay... But, thanks to Pinterest and all the lovely "pinners" out there who share delicious, semi-easy recipes my cooking skills have expanded and my baking skills have sky rocketed! I think it's the accountant in me that prefers baking over cooking. When you bake you have an exact measurement of every ingredient; when you cook, it can be experimental and you can add a little of this or that depending on your taste. No way, I want straight forward measurements and the order that they must make their appearance. I have been getting some new ideas from Pinterest so be watching for delicious dessert recipes to show up at least once or twice a week here!

My latest obsession is makeup. I LOVE MAKEUP. I will admit I've been stuck in a rut for awhile with the same makeup application day after day. But for some reason it has become something that has just overwhelmed me. Especially when I discovered e.l.f. Make Up & Cosmetics, aka Eyes Lips Face. Now I have about every color of eye shadow you can imagine and more on it's way to me right now. My husband just looks at me funny every time I get another box from them, but he can't complain because it's cheap. I don't mean the makeup itself is crappy, it is literally cheap. So go check it out!!

Wow, (looks up) that is some serious bloggage. Can I say that? Is that a word? Well, it is now. I don't think my future blogs will be as detailed as this one but I wanted to give ya'll an overview of what you can expect to see me write about on here. I'm not perfect and I plan to share those mistakes with you because I think it's important to know that if you try a new recipe, it may not look the same as the picture you see in the magazine, or if you try a new makeup tutorial you may end up looking more like a clown than a sexy, photoshopped model. I'm a real person who is learning right along with everyone else. And my house is always a mess. I have learned that it's okay to let it go for a day; enjoy life, makes messes, and try new things.

Until next time ~ Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment